Sunday, January 28, 2007

Settled into HK...香港大学 classes beckon!


Arrived in HKU on the 25th Jan 2007...thanks to my buddy William (From HKU), his cousin, Hero (who studies at HKU-SPACE, or School for Professional and Continual Education...something like a vocational institute where one earns an Associate's Degree), and my own lovely cousin, Yueh-Yi. Many Kudos to them! =)
Thankfully I did my estimations correctly and figured that I would not need to arrive so early...that Thurday arrival was just about right to allow me to settle all my admin stuff (numerous forms and photo-taking) while still allowing me to enjoy abit of the sights in HK.

Above: My hall - Swire Hall - which sits next to T. T. Tsui Building, the SPACE complex, and opposite KK Leung Building - both of which my classes are being held at. YESS!! Never have I had to live so near to my classroom (since Secondary school)!


Right: HKU's "Dong Zhap" - or Eastern Gate...framing a good many number of steps up to various buildings...which have a good many steps leading to many more. Never have I climbed so many steps in a day!!

Below: The Steps leading down to Bonham Road below - where one can take 23 or 40 (amongst other buses) - to 金钟站 (Admiralty MTR Station) in the heart of the CBD area of HK.



















Right: The Bank Of China building...one of the landmarks on the Hong Kong skyline, being lit up like a huge lightning rod at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home