Friday, November 25, 2005

And now...The end is near...

With the end of exams on Wed...I'm all set and rearing...to go back to work. RIGHT. Yup, have to report to MINDEF, in my nice crisp uniform at 0800, on 051205 (*Changing back to Military Mode*).
Meanwhile...there are loads of other things on hand to perform...sorting my PGP room out, shifting out...packing my OWN room at home up...shifting the PC from my room down...being a human being rather than a "Muggerbot" (YC). Yes...life in Uni may give you more leeway when it comes to study time...but it surely saps your life away...when you have no othertime to even do your hobbies you once revelled in (running, swimming...esp in rainy/stormy weather).
I HAVE to train back my lost stamina/strength. I'm a slob. I admit it. But the marathon I'm doing on the 4th December won't take that as an excuse. Neither will the IPPT testers next month when I do the test. Sigh. Well...humbling reality hits us all...and for me, I guess it is the fact that, I may not be getting the GOLD award that I've been trying to maintain for these years THIS TIME ROUND. Which also Brings me to say that I have to try even HARDER to work it back to my former glory. Sigh X 2.
OK...back to the books... Culture and Society is an interesting module for those who are intending to take it as a GEM/Breadth/Major/etc. I've learnt all the diff ways that the state insidiously tries to construct the National Identity. Be it the NDP and making us all dress up in Red... to the President presiding over the parade...because in actual fact his SYMBOLIC representation is that of the "Nation viewing the performance, that the nation performs". Get it? Yeah...took me awhile too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home