Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My abode....my shelter from the cold (not quite!)

That's my table and workspace on the left...quite comfortable...the table is abit larger than PGP's...and there are lots more shelves above my table (compared to the measly two shelves in PGP!). It was certainly a pleasant surprise to get such a relatively large work area, which is quite comparable to the double-rooms in NUS halls (only with natural aircon!).
My aunts were so welcoming and nice to bring me to buy a new quilt and quilt cover
, as well as a thick jacket, a scarf, and a woolen vest! Has helped me survive the chilly nights (the days are fine...quite cooling in fact!).

I've been trying to do my regular runs around the neighbourhood to prepare for the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon on 4th March...and as such, have been able to see quite alot of the surrounding residential areas and shops. The other morning, I went for an early morning run at 7 plus in singlet and shorts. Everyone else on the streets were wearing furry jackets and high-cut boots and the like...and were staring at me like I was some deranged lunatic! (I've observed that there isn't much running culture here...most runners seem to be the Ang Mohs. Chinese probably stick to climbing up and down the billions of steps in HK).

Right: That's the view from my window...the building in the background is Meng Wah Complex...which houses most of the Faculty Offices...almost like an admin building. If you can see carefully, you'd notice that a ridge line climbs upward on the right. That's Victoria's Peak...one of the most scenic spots (if you're up there) on Hong Kong Island. Intending to climb up soon....prob one of the wkends...

Other Travel Ideas (SO FAR):
- Macau (i don't gamble...but I LOVE FOOD...and there's loads of Portuguese Food there! a decadent legacy indeed!)
- Yunnan/Shen Zhen/Shang Hai/Beijing: I'll be doing these places either in my mid-term break, or after exchange...


I'll end off with an image that we Singaporeans on exchange here put together during Orientation last Friday...
We were asked to draw things "associated with your country" to introduce ourselves to the larger audience.

ENJOY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home