Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hong Kong....Food Haven!

Been here for a week and a half now...and I must really thank God for all the people who've been taking care of me thus far. From my relatives (Yi Gu Cheung, Yi Gu Che, Cousin Yueh Yi...as well as Dai Bak and Dai Bak Leong who hosted me last Saturday at a splendid Dim Sum breakfast), to my friends (William, my HK buddy, and his Cousin Hero, who came to pick me up from the airport, as well as brought my roommate - Antoine - and me to try the local claypot rice (煲仔饭) near Tsim Sha Shui (尖沙咀).
The following pictures are a collection of a week's worth of eating (and is by no means exhaustive of the food experiences I've had here!).

Right: Fried fish skin, Beef Tendon Noodles with Fish balls (牛筋面加鱼蛋)...great stuff that has to be tried here in HK!
Cousin Yueh Yi not looking at the camera, as she awaits to wolf down here own Fish Dumpling Rice Noodles(鱼饺粉).



Above: HK Food culture...no matter where you go...be it a big restaurant, or a little teahouse (茶餐厅)...washing your utensils with tea/hot water is the way to go! P.S. The Yellow Tea Pot contains Tea for washing the utensils! And to think I poured myself a cup!

Left: Coke...or "Coca Cola" in glass bottles...ah...how nostalgic indeed!



Right: Antoine and JC (John-Cristophe) showing off the only two 'Cock' spoons that were dished out to us...which coincidentally is the National Animal of France - Le Coq!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home