Sunday, May 22, 2005

Busy, busy little bees...

Yes, I quote from Gladiator...the part where the evil Emperor questions his sister about her affair with Maximus. Now now...don't get me wrong. I don't suspect anyone around me of having affairs. What I am indicating is merely the sheer workload that I'm experiencing for my Post War Film and Anime class....which isn't as slack as I was told. readings to be done...Project proposal to be finished in a week...deadline is my Bday tomorrow (fortunately we're done with it on Friday...so I get to enjoy my celebration. =P) AH well.
Been rushing my application for the Golden Point Award, a bienial writing competition organised by the NAC. Smart me printed ALL the poems out...all eight of them...all 4 sets of manuscripts. Then realised that I didn't have page numbers, nor did I have my title on the "top-right of the page", with my IC number along with that. Sheesh man. Can't these people put their instructions more plainly and group them in one complete section? When I read the application instructions...the "administrative procedure" section which listed down the way the titles should be written and submission deadlines were listed separately from the "manuscript" section - which said the manscripts have to be "double-spaced". How misleading!! Should have just put it all together...so that people going through ADMINISTRATION can check it out in one glance!!
Yeah...quite unhappy. (You just try printing out a whole stack of your poems/works/essays even...and then realise that something is wrong somewhere. YOU tell me how that feels.) Alright, raving does not help. I'm going to have to print these anyhow.
On to other news, am attending Rachel's Choir concert tmr with the rest of the gang. Sounds really promising...and am anticipating a splendid performance. =P She's been quite troubled recently...over various issues...like performing well in the concert, and her most pertinent thoughts are directed to the driving test on Tuesday morning this week. Sure she has the skills...just pray that the conditions will be great for a good test that day, and she will be confident to do well even with a mean grumpy old foogie (like my first tester...who failed me for "not giving way" to another L-Plate Driver who was just idling at the junction, when I had clearly waited till the lights turned amber). All the best Rach, you can do it! ;)
Leaving soon for a nice High-tea at the cafe my mum's working at...going to celebrate both my bro's bday and mine...his was yesterday and mine tmr. Haha. Hope mum will be able to sit with us and have a cake or two. Sigh.
Yeah, tonight will be spent on meeting with the "Play-to-Aids" team for dinner at Sofra Turkish restaurant...followed by crooning our hearts out with a few good friends at a KTV joint. The latter had been planned for a long time...but ppl just have had loads of commitments (and wkend prices are twice those on wkdays)...so we had to make the ktv meeting tonight (Yes, Sunday nites are counted as the start of the new week. For ONCE...people adhere to the orthodox way of counting days of the week..."Sunday, Monday, Tuesday..." NOT "Monday, Tuesday...Blah".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home