Sunday, May 15, 2005

Torn...drained...

Was just thinking to myself last night; as the lightning and thunder flashed and boomed across the sky, and heavy rain I had not felt for weeks splashed down from the heavens above. Was thinking to myself about how tiring it is to work at certain things, even if they are not military-related. The last time I felt so drained was after one of my exercises in Sandhurst, where we had a 12 KM extraction march in full kit, wearing full NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical - The kinda suit you see people in hazardous conditions wearing) gear.
It is quite draining on not only the body, but also the mind, having to rush here and there, coordinating doors opening and closing, ticket collection, direction of guests to the proper venue (so that they won't end up in some other auditorium in that huge school building of ACS, Barker). I'm quite thankful to my friends around me, for having supported us through the musical which ran for the past 3 nights.
I definitely have to give thanks to the "Big Guy" up there (Yes, its You =p ), who's been watching us all, making sure that the set was built safely and without injury - something that I think many have taken for granted. The way I look at it is, there has to be some divine being to intervene when we are about to open a door, unwittingly, and step out into oblivion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home