Monday, February 05, 2007

More of My Food experiences...

Hi Again...







Yup, went to my aunt's house last week to have dinner, and had an enjoyable quiet evening just catching up with my Yi Gu Cheung and Yi Gu Che (2nd Uncle and Aunt, Dad's Side).

She made a delicious dish of fresh minced fish meat stuffed into peppers (looked just as appetising as they smelt!).






Left: Dinner consisted of freshly steamed Teochew style "O-He" (fish), Fish stuffed in peppers, beanssprouts and mushrooms, beancurd and beans, and broiled choy sum. Typical home-cooked food! YUM!





Right: Lunch on Sunday afternoon (the OISE, Office of International Student Affairs) had organised a tour of Kowloon and New Territories area for us) was had at the "Cafe De Coral" (a mega chain of Chinese fast-food outlets, serving seemingly authentic Chinese food, as compared to MacS***) in the Wildlife Nature Park in the New Territories. I had Steamed rice with pork ribs and choysum...sounds simple, but believe you me, this stuff is seriously GOOD! (especially when you've been doing walking for a good part of the day, and its chilly outside...hot rice in you does the trick!).





Left: My first, and probably LAST, KFC meal in HK. Good grief...the chicken in my Zinger Burger was tough, dry and worst of all, STRINGY. (I'm not even gonna start on my Zinger not having enough 'SPICE' in it!).
And its not only me. Paul, who ordered a two-piece chicken meal, was remarking that "the chicken looks mighty stunted in growth...must be the Bird Flu".
The only saving grace of the meal was the crinkle cut fries...which were ALMOST as good as Carl's Jr. But HEY...its KFC...not KFF. SO..."NO GO" by my standards. I'm sticking to Burger King ("It just tastes better"), and "Cha Can Ting" from now on in HK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home